Rates data represents the total number of times per accumulation interval that coincident
signals exceeding specified amplitudes from one or more detectors in each telescope occured.
These rate events are counted (accumulated) for a period of time dependent on bit rate and the
mode of spacecraft operation.
See Voyager CRS Instrument Overview (opens in a new window)
for details on the HET, LET and TET telescopes including instrument diagrams and nomenclature.
Using the Rates Interface
- Time Range: Check this box is you want to use the same time period for both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2.
- Start Time and End Time: Enter the time period of interest.
Rates that are not measured in the instrument configuration active over the selected time are disabled.
- Averaging: 15 minute averages are the default, however, you may choose to calculate other averages by
selecting other and entering the averaging value. Moving averages may also be entered in the next box.
- Rates in the table are selected with your left mouse button.
Use ctrl mouse-click
to select multiple rates or to deselect. 1-3 rates per figure is usually best depending on average interval and time scale.
- Autoscaling and a Logarithmic Y-axis are default settings but you may turn them off. Turning off Autoscale allows you to enter your own y-axis limits.
- Select the Plot button to generate figures.
- The Print button opens a new print window.
- To generate data listings choose a Time Format and press the Listing button for links to the data.
- The Next and Prev buttons time step forward and backward the same amount of time as your original selection.
- The Home button resets the interface.
- The Spectra and Flux Time History interfaces may be accessed using the links in the upper left and right corners.